Fred Hughes 10 Miles
Organised by St Albans Striders
JOIN US FOR THE FRED HUGHES 10 MILES ON SUNDAY 23RD JANUARY 2022.
The Fred Hughes 10 Miles is a well established local race, organised by St Albans Striders running club since 1986. The race is held on the rolling country lanes of Bedmond in St Albans. It’s ideal for those looking to kick start their spring marathon training or make the step up from 10k.
The race will also form part of the Hertfordshire County Championships. To be eligible to be included you must either have been born in Hertfordshire or have been a resident in Hertfordshire for at least the last 9 months. You must declare you are eligible as part of the registration process.
- Location: St Columba’s College, King Harry Lane, St Albans AL3 4AW
- Event time: 10am (competitors must be able to complete the course in 2hrs 15mins)
- Distance: 10 miles
- Minimum Age: 18yrs. Age as at 22/01/2022
- Activity: Running
- Open to: Solo participants
- Entry Fee: £20.00 per person (UKA Affiliated) or £22.00 (Unaffiliated runners). 10% of all race entries will help support our Charity Partner, The Hygiene Bank
- Our Charity Partner: The Hygiene Bank
- UKA Licence No: Applied for
- Event Cancellation Policy: If the event should need to be cancelled in its entirety, you will be offered a refund of your entry fee or a deferral to the next event. (Booking fees are non-refundable)
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: St Albans Striders
- Organiser Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Event Website: https://stalbansstriders.com/racing/fred-hughes-10
Registration opens at 08.30.
Race numbers will not be posted out in advance of the race. Race numbers can be collected from 8.30am from Race HQ on the day of the race
All finishers will receive an event T-shirt to commemorate finishing the race.
The Top 5 men and Women will receive a trophy and as a cash prize : –
1st: £200 2nd: £100 3rd: £50 4th: £30 5th: £20
Trophies will be awarded to the following category winners:-
- Male veteran over 40, over 50, over 60, over 70
- Female veteran over 35, over 45, over 55, over 65
In addition, there will be team trophies for:-
- Men: 1st team (4 per team)
- Women: 1st team (4 per team)
All prizes will be based on chip time and will be awarded in the main hall at Race HQ after the race.
The race will also form part of the Hertfordshire County Championships. Individual and team medals will be awarded to the top 3 in each category. To be eligible to be included you must either have been born in Hertfordshire or have been a resident in Hertfordshire for at least the last 9 months. You must declare you are eligible as part of the registration process.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Limited Parking is available at the race HQ at St Columba’s College (AL3 4AW) – marshals will direct you on the day. There is also public pay and display parking available nearby at Westminster Lodge (AL1 2DX). This car park is a short walk from both the race HQ and the race start.
Toilets, Changing and Bag Storage
Toilets and changing rooms are available at the race HQ. There will be no toilets at the start finish area. Bags can be left in the main hall at race HQ but are left at the owners own risk.
Water stations will be located on the route and water will be available at the finish.
In line with England Athletics guidelines, the use of head/earphones is strictly prohibited as you will not be able to hear marshals’ safety instructions or other warnings. Sections of the course are also fairly narrow and you could be a danger to yourself and other runners if you fail to hear them approaching to overtake. The wearing of head/earphones will lead to disqualification.
All competitors should be able to complete the distance in 2hrs 15 minutes.
No refunds are available however if you know you cannot run and would like to transfer your place to another person, please contact us at email@example.com
If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond the organiser’s control (for example, severe weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a choice of a refund of their entry fee (less non-refundable booking fee) or a deferral to next year’s event.
The details of the athlete I am entering into this race will be passed onto the event organisers for the administration of the race.
The athlete’s name and date of birth and the email address of the person completing the booking form will be passed onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form, any medical information provided will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I take full responsibility for ensuring the athlete I am entering into this race is medically fit to compete & understand that they compete entirely at their own risk or at the risk of their parent/guardian.
2) I understand that all athletes who participate in this event, do so at their own risk or the risk of their parent/guardian and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to the competitor, prior to, during or after the event.
3) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
4) The athlete indicates acceptance of UKA rules.
- Prices do not include a 6% booking fee. This will be added at checkout.
|Fred Hughes 10 Miles Unaffiliated||£22|
|Fred Hughes 10 Miles Affiliated||£20|
- August 23, 2021