St Albans Stampede
Organised by St Albans Striders
JOIN US FOR THE ST ALBANS STAMPEDE ON SATURDAY 4TH SEPTEMBER 2021.
The St Albans Stampede is an ultra marathon running event, organised by the St Albans Striders running club, held in the beautiful Hertfordshire countryside, covering parts of Heartwood Forest and Nomansland Common.
The challenge is to cover the most amount of distance (in miles) over a designated time period of 12hrs – this can be undertaken solo, as a pair or as a team relay (up to 4, and up to 8 person options).
The 12hr duration is simply the maximum allowable time. All entrants, even those that run for just 1 lap, will have successfully participated in the event and be awarded a medal for their efforts. And if participants from the 100 Marathon Club want to stop at marathon distance to record a successful completion, this is acceptable.
- Location:Heartwood Forest, Sandridge, St Albans AL4 9DQ
- Event time: 9:00am – 9:00pm
- Distance: Unlimited laps of a 4mile loop within a 12 hour time limit. This is a 12hr duration event and total distance covered vs. time is the main measure.
- Minimum Age: 18 yrs. Age as at 04/09/2021
- Activity: Running
- Open to: Solo participants and relay teams (pairs, 4 people, 8 people)
- Entry Fee: From £27.50 per person (Details below)
- Our Charity Partner: 10% of all entry fees will go to our Striders nominated charity The Hygiene Bank,Harpenden
- UKA License No: Applied for
- Event Cancellation Policy: If the event should need to be cancelled, you will be offered a refund of your entry fee or a deferral to the next event. (Booking fees are non-refundable)
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: St Albans Striders
- Organiser Email: email@example.com
- Official Event Website: https://stalbansstampede.com/
Race numbers will not be posted out in advance of the race
Race numbers can be collected from 7.30am from HQ on the day of the race
A 4 mile loop on slightly undulating territory
If you would like to sponsor this race then contact us at
Finishers Medal & Selection of Prizes for Category winners
Category winners will be awarded on distance covered only. In other words, you don’t have to run the full 12hrs to have successfully completed the challenge. The 12hr duration is simply the maximum allowable time. All entrants, even those that run for 1 lap, will have successfully participated in the event and be awarded a medal for their efforts. And if participants from the 100 Marathon Club want to stop at marathon distance to record a successful completion, this is acceptable.
The presentation of winners’ prizes will take place at the Race HQ at 9.30pm on Saturday September 4th, 2021. There will be prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishers, male and female, for the solo event. There will be 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes for the finishers of the double and the 4 person relays, and 1st prize only for the 8 person relay team.
There will also be a “Fastest Overall Lap” individual prize for each male and female competitor. This can come from any of the category options.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Parking is at the Forest – marshals will direct you on the day
Toilets, Changing and Bag Storage
Toilets, changing are at the Scout Hut
No dogs on the course but they are welcome in the village
Water station located at the start and finish point of the 4 mile loop
The organiser does not offer transfers or deferrals for this event. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement, jury service you will only be eligible for a refund on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note, Death Certificate etc.
If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond the organiser’s control (for example, severe weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a choice of a refund of their entry fee (less non-refundable booking fee) or a deferral to next year’s event.
The details of the athlete I am entering into this race will be passed onto the event organisers for the administration of the race.
The athlete’s name and date of birth and the email address of the person completing the booking form will be passed onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form, any medical information provided will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I take full responsibility for ensuring the athlete I am entering into this race is medically fit to compete & understand that they compete entirely at their own risk or at the risk of their parent/guardian.
2) I understand that all athletes who participate in this event, do so at their own risk or the risk of their parent/guardian and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to the competitor, prior to, during or after the event.
3) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
4) The athlete indicates acceptance of ARC rules.
TICKET SALES ARE NOW CLOSED
- April 1, 2021