Summer Solstice 10k
Organised by St Albans Striders
JOIN US FOR THE ST ALBANS SUMMER SOLSTICE 10K ON MONDAY 21ST JUNE 2021 AND BEAT THE SUNSET!
The St Albans Summer Solstice 10K, is a fun, welcoming event for runners of all levels of ability and experience, to feel the thrill of running during the evening on the longest day of the year. Feedback from previous renewals is that our knowledgeable event organisers and friendly marshals make this a particularly enjoyable event for entry-level runners and those running a race for the first time, as well as experienced runners alike. All are welcome!
The race starts in the same field as race HQ. Please see the Course Information section for details. Please arrive in adequate time to park in one of the car parks, collect your number and chip and walk to the start.
We appreciate that the race is due to take place on the day that the Government finally lifts its COVID restrictions. However, we will be prepared with a backup plan to run a Covid Secure event with staggered starts, should this prove necessary. You will be asked to supply your estimated run time on registration for this purpose.
Some details may be subject to change should the relaxation of the current social distancing of events not take place. We will give you clear notification of any changes along with full instructions, however, no refunds will be available.
- Location:Highfield Park, St Albans, Herts, AL4 0DY
- Event time: 8:00pm – 9:30pm (competitors must be able to complete the course in 90 mins to beat the sunset!)
- Distance: 10k.
- Minimum Age: 16yrs. Age as at 21/06/2021
- Activity: Running
- Open to: Solo participants
- Entry Fee: From £15.00 per person or £13.00 for E.A. Affiliated runners (Details below). 10% of all race entries will help support our Charity Partner, The Hygiene Bank
- Our Charity Partner: The Hygiene Bank
- UKA License No: 2021-41719
- Event Cancellation Policy:If the event should need to be cancelled in its entirety, you will be offered a refund of your entry fee or a deferral to the next event. (Booking fees are non-refundable)
- Additional Fees: A £1 booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: St Albans Striders
- Organiser Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Event Website:https://stalbansstriders.com/racing/summer-solstice-10k
Open from 6:45pm
Collection on race day in the blue and yellow “St Albans Striders” marquee at race HQ – The Cricket Pitch, Highfield Park, Highfield Lane, AL4 0RE.
Please write medical information and contact details on the reverse of your number.
The majority of the race route is in Highfield Park or on footpath along the Alban Way, a former branch rail line. However, a small part of the course, does take you into a residential area and we ask that runners keep to the pavements unless directed otherwise. Our race marshals have no power to stop or direct traffic therefore all runners are responsible for their own safety. Roads will not be closed – vehicles have priority.
Please see the 2021 Course map below. Please click on the image to enlarge.
The course is on parkland, footpaths, pavements and through residential areas.
All finishers will receive a limited-edition Summer Solstice 10K medal.
Prizes will be presented at the marquee at 9.30pm, for the following categories
1st, 2nd and 3rd Senior Men
1st, 2nd and 3rd Senior Women
1st, 2nd and 3rd Vet Men (40+)
1st, 2nd and 3rd Vet Women (35+)
1st overall Male Team (4 to count)
1st overall Female Team (3 to count)
We will also be making some random spot prizes to certain finisher positions (as drawn out to be impartial) so listen out for your name and look out for us if you see us heading towards you with something after the line!
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.Please check the weather forecasts and wear clothing appropriate for the weather. Please ensure that you drink plenty of water during race day so that you are adequately hydrated before you start.
Parking is at the Forest – marshals will direct you on the day
Toilets, Changing and Bag Storage
Portable toilets will be available at race HQ. No changing facilities are available so please arrive ready to run or be prepared to change in your car. There is no secure baggage area, but kit can be left in the marquee (at your own risk).
Only at finish
In line with England Athletics guidelines, the use of head/earphones is strictly prohibited as you will not be able to hear marshals’ safety instructions or other warnings. Sections of the course are also fairly narrow and you could be a danger to yourself and other runners if you fail to hear them approaching to overtake. The wearing of head/earphones will lead to disqualification.
Sunset time for 21st June in St Albans is 9.24pm. We therefore request that all competitors should be able to complete a 10K in under 90 minutes.
No refunds are available however if you know you cannot run and would like to transfer your place to another person, please contact us at email@example.com
If the event should need to be cancelled, you will be offered a refund of your entry fee or a deferral to the next event. (Booking fees are non-refundable)
The details of the athlete I am entering into this race will be passed onto the event organisers for the administration of the race.
The athlete’s name and date of birth and the email address of the person completing the booking form will be passed onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form, any medical information provided will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I take full responsibility for ensuring the athlete I am entering into this race is medically fit to compete & understand that they compete entirely at their own risk or at the risk of their parent/guardian.
2) I understand that all athletes who participate in this event, do so at their own risk or the risk of their parent/guardian and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to the competitor, prior to, during or after the event.
3) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
4) The athlete indicates acceptance of ARC rules.
- Prices do not include £1 booking fee. This will be added at checkout.
TICKET SALES HAVE NOW CLOSED
- May 1, 2021